Thursday, November 10, 2011

Friendly Street Soccer Match

About 2 months ago, Jason joined his friends for a friendly street soccer match organised by a church.

Sometime in the afternoon, I received a sms from Jason that he has hurt his knee and heard a 'pop' sound. I think my heart missed a beat as it is no good to hear a 'pop' sound but when I replied to him if he needed me to fetch him home and see a Dr, he said that he is ok and did not feel any pain and had applied ice on his knee. The good thing was that he has stopped playing immediately. He would find his way home.

Based on his reply, I was comforted a bit.

Jason came home after dinner with his knee bandaged and not in pain and no swelling, surprisingly.

He could walk but he said that he felt his knee wanting to glide or slip forward, a funny feeling.

I got him to wear one of my knee guards and also my old walking stick to help him walk.

We decided to see our GP to get an opinion and a referral to have a look too, if necessary.

It did not seem so bad but still, something did not seem right and the 'pop' sound still bothered me.
We have a friend who was walking and then heard a 'pop' sound and her knee was painful and swelled. Eventually, she had an operation to fix her knee.

No comments:

Post a Comment